Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,561 to 96,580 of 96,627

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Wish I knew what my drunk face looked like, but I'll give it a wait and get back to you when I do get one. Sadly my last government regulations required my hair to be tucked behind my ears, which made me look like a criminal if I'm being frank. Passport lasts ten years so it's safe to say I've been screwed over in a big way, at least, for the foreseeable future. As someone with decent genetics I feel your pain, finding good hair products hasn't been easy given how strangely mine reacts to it. I've had mine vary greatly in length over the last 18 months so I've got some good experience as to which suit me best, hoping to get it a little longer and keep that as a baseline.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Tyranexx

@jedgamesguy That's what I guess I'd look like; I have no reference photos of me ever truly under the influence of something (as it has very rarely happened lol). I wonder if passports being good for ten years is mostly universal? I know that's how long mine is good for too. At least mine doesn't look too terrible...just wish I hadn't been in such a rush and was still sporting the winter cut when my picture was taken. Hair products aren't fun either, though some of that is because women get so many options that it's overwhelming. I prefer shampoo & conditioner combos, a bit of light gel or even some good ol' H20 if I'm really in a rush or my mop doesn't look too unruly.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Good evening.
A lot of characters I have edited today. đŸ„Ž
My head felt quite dizzy again. đŸ˜”
I have counted, there will be more than 80 pieces of characters I have to print, cut and laminate.
The numbers is keep getting crazy. đŸ€Ż
This will be the hardest storytelling to deliver for me as it has tons of multi different pose of each characters.
The switching characters with right timing is my biggest obstacle.
I still have 11 more days until 14 May 2024 to finish my storytelling project and I'm really nervous if I can't finish right on time.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Yeah passports being valid for ten years is a very normal thing in most Western countries, at least after you turn 18, since you don't change enough after that over 5 years to justify replacing your passport every so often. I could always get a new one in a few years but there's really no point, I guess I'm stuck with this one for the next ten. As for hair products, I don't put much thought into it at all, I like being a guy for that reason, it's far simpler to explore options than for women as you say. It's rare that I do anything more than just using shampoo as far as hair care goes, my conditioner bottle's still over 3/4 full after six months.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
Today is 4 May 2024.
I will continue again my storytelling project.
I need some focus today.
Wish me luck.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Good luck with your project! I hope you get everything done with time to spare, but please, do remember to give your poor eyes a break now and then. I've found regular breaks help a lot with my work and even hobbies.

@jedgamesguy I do know passports are required to be changed in some special circumstances, like the friend I'll be traveling with this summer. She had to change her passport after marriage to reflect the surname switch. From what I understand (with US passports at least), renewing isn't quite an ordeal as it is when starting from square one. I'm probably in the minority of females who doesn't put too much thought into hair products. I'm one who gravitates towards function out of fashion 99 times out of 100. I probably spend 2-5 minutes with my hair on average most days, even less (Read: none) on days I'm not going anywhere.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Oh gosh, the Echo Dot we have in the kitchen just did a Furby and started talking and playing music alone in the middle of the night.

Now I’m all spooked.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Eel Obviously it wouldn't just start talking to itself so there must be a more logical explanation for it. Perhaps a mentally ill murderer has escaped from an asylum and is hiding in your home but only comes out during the night whilst you're asleep to look for sharp pointy knives, rat poison, steel cheese wire and whatever other tools are in the kitchen that can be used to protect themselves in case they're ever discover. That seems far more likely than you have a ghost and I hope you feel less spooked now!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

@jedgamesguy I do know passports are required to be changed in some special circumstances, like the friend I'll be traveling with this summer. She had to change her passport after marriage to reflect the surname switch. From what I understand (with US passports at least), renewing isn't quite an ordeal as it is when starting from square one. I'm probably in the minority of females who doesn't put too much thought into hair products. I'm one who gravitates towards function out of fashion 99 times out of 100. I probably spend 2-5 minutes with my hair on average most days, even less (Read: none) on days I'm not going anywhere.

That sounds like it would necessitate a new passport, can’t think of too many other situations otherwise though. I do have a trans friend that’s going through the process of getting new IDs under their new name, so as far as that goes it’s virtually identical. Same person, different forename, so the inverse of marriage. I did have to renew mine during the pandemic, which involved mailing it in and getting a new one in the post, easy as you like.

Mm, I can imagine you’re in the minority, you probably put less work into it than even me, and that’s saying a lot 😅! From my side I just put in whatever work needs to be done, I haven’t thought too hard about how other people prepare their own
 besides mine’s longer than the average man so I have to spend more time on mine anyway. For you yours is shorter so of course you’ll spend less time caring for it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

MarioVillager92

Sorry everyone that I haven't posted that much. I've been very depressed... I had a few rough days, which I don't wanna go into detail about for personal reasons. So I've not been feeling well emotionally. On a more positive note, I'm getting better now. I also ordered Mom a cake for Mother's Day. I'm excited to see how it'll turn out in the end.

@Sunsy It's most likely gonna be the Switch version for me. Unless I go to a Dave & Busters or something, but my area doesn't have a D&B.

Thanks. I had a few more rough days earlier, unfortunately... but I'm getting better now!

Yeah it did look quite a lot different from a lot of the other shooters at the time. I've heard people say "kills" for when you shoot down an enemy player, though Splatoon calls them "splats." Love the NES Zapper guns too, the N-Zap '85 is one of my best weapons in Splatoon 3. S3 also has the Super Scope, which I like using sometimes.

I'd like to play the DX version as well sometime. Oh gotcha, yeah I guess I lucked out in my area, lol. There's even a PlayChoice-10 here, which I did get to try out! I did like playing it, they're NES games except that you're using an arcade joystick and buttons. I adapted to it quite well, since I've previously played other arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. My arcade even has Hang-On, that motorcycle racing game from Sega. Kinda wish my arcade has Daytona USA though, I'd love to play that. Your arcade still sounds pretty good, that Rampage ticket redemption game does sound cool. Actually, I wouldn't mind playing a Dance Dance Revolution machine sometime, just to try one out.

I've not played Star Fox Zero in a long time. I remember the controls were a bit tricky to get used to. Yeah that's a good way to put it, having 8-bit demakes of music like Green Hill Zone for example.

Me too. I think I made like three mistakes in that detective level, lol.

@Tyranexx My game collection page at Nintendo Life was made the same way. Any game that I haven't rated, I haven't played enough of. So I guess I could look through them and see what I'd wanna play next.

I agree about the bear cubs, just seeing them from a distance so you won't get attacked. I know this might sound a bit weird, but I picked that team because I like teddy bears. They're so cute! I have a teddy bear of my own, as well. That'd be cool, I know Nintendo has sales sometimes so I'm sure that Peach Showtime will have a discount at some point. All righty will do, been wanting to finish TotK for a good while now.

Ah I remember my pre-calculus course... it was quite difficult for me and I did need to get help for it. Yeah... physics was one of my least favorite courses because of how complex the problems were and everything. And that's coming from somebody who's quite decent at math. I'm glad I don't need to deal with physics anymore lol. Yeah, high school was a little better for me than middle school. Ah, that sucks about the self-destructive issues... I'm sorry to hear. Ah gotcha, that also blows, I've had some people pick on me for my weight as well... is it me, or do people like to ridicule others based on how they weigh? I was happy to see that some folks in my college also liked Nintendo games, as well. Yeah... I also agree with Mom, though I'm the same way as you. That's gonna take some practice on my end, I have a habit of not letting go of negative thoughts sometimes. Gotcha, I see... I don't normally mention this, but I was diagnosed with Asperger's during my childhood, which does explain why I'm especially sensitive. I don't use it as an excuse for anything. Side note, I really dislike when people use the word "autistic" as an insult... it's insanely jerkish, and it's why I don't mention it that much.

Now with all that said, I do try my very best to be a good person. I have a tendency to be nice to everyone I see, and I can sometimes be a little talkative as well, lol... especially when it comes to my favorite things. I think me liking things I'd consider cute helps me mentally as well, such as many Nintendo games (particularly Mario, Animal Crossing, and Kirby), classic Disney films, and as mentioned earlier in this post, teddy bears. I like talking with you here at Nintendo Life by the way, you seem to be a genuinely nice fellow! Thanks for being there for me... and thank you @Sunsy and others here at NL for being there for me as well. Much appreciated.

Oh that's awesome you've finished that game. I think I skimmed through your review of it... I have a habit of reading very quickly, but I would like to read the whole thing sometime. It's been ages since I last finished Bowser's Inside Story, I liked the game quite a lot. Playing the games in chronological order sounds like a good plan.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Pastellioli

How’s everyone’s weekend going? I hope you are having a good day so far!

If you’re wondering about me, I haven’t been doing much today. A little bored, but I plan on playing games all night. I haven’t been playing on my consoles or phone a lot since I draw a bunch. I love art, but I get art blocked so much from having multiple failed artworks, and seeing lots of other people’s artwork online (whether better drawn or more innovative) really doesn’t help my self-esteem at all, given its extremely low already. I think if I play games, it’ll help my self-esteem and make me happier.

I am likely going to replay a couple of classics for a few hours and then moving on to a new game. I’m going to try completing as fast as I can. I think I’m going to have so much fun!

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

Also, is liking mint chip ice cream a crime?

Currently playing: Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Conker: Live and Reloaded

Current hyperfixation: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

MarioVillager92

@Pastellioli It's going all right. I haven't been feeling too well mentally earlier, but I am getting a bit better. I like to draw as well, though I haven't been drawing as often as I should... I do want to change that sometime!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Pastellioli

@MarioVillager92 I would also love to draw more! However, I think I need to take a little bit of a break for a few days.

I’ve been using social media for only a few months now and seeing lots of great artworks online, and having positive interactions with other artists. However, I feel it’s contributing to my negativity, seeing a bunch of people frequently posting and getting huge numbers. I think I need to take a break from both for a while and just forgetting to not worry about the quality of my art and to just have fun.

Viva happy!

Currently playing: Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Conker: Live and Reloaded

MarioVillager92

@Pastellioli Oh gotcha, I'm guessing they're getting a huge amount of likes or something? I'd agree that it's best to just have fun drawing, and not compare yourself with others. Do take as much time off as you need. The last time I made a drawing was when I made a Christmas drawing, with Mario and Peach riding the Merry Mountain train. I've been long overdue for another drawing, lol... I do have quite a few ideas of what else I'd like to draw.

Pastellioli

@MarioVillager92 Yes, though I think I expect success to happen too fast. A lot of art accounts take time to grow over the years and get attention, though some get lucky with algorithms and grow faster than some; everyone sees success at different paces!

It got so bad at one point for me where I would always draw everyday and stayed up all night, sometimes until 12-3 in the morning, trying to finish artwork to post daily, but it wasn’t feasible. I have heard artists more skilled than I say that the tip of “drawing everyday” is a bad one, likely for that reason and a chance for creative burnout.

I got way too obsessive with social media that I would focus heavily on growing an audience for validation. I always saw so many people post pictures, both detailed and simple, and getting attention and love from other users. I wanted the same, but I am still rather new to posting on social media. I would love to post short art videos, but I have to wait, as I don’t have the right materials for it yet. I’m also not sure if the subjects of my art are what they would like to see, but I don’t really care about it luckily.

I’m probably not going to start drawing until maybe later next week. I just think I need to do some other things not related to social media and drawing and be happy with where I am with my art than I was years ago. Luckily I still have a small audience, so they won’t mind what day or time I post

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

Yousef-

@Pastellioli my day has been very chilly but very busy. Sunday isn’t a weekend in kuwait (weekends are Friday and Saturday) so today I had very little free time but spent a lot of quality time with my old man. Came back exhausted beyond belief. All I want is to open yo my steam deck now.

Phoenix Wrong

My discord is “yousef.” All lowercases with a fullstop at the end. Send a friend request if you like and join my Yakuza server if you want.

XandertheWise

slow Sunday as usual. while I'm watching the rest of the Suspiria remake on Freevee today on my playstation 4, I was thinkin about delivery ordering a pizza from the Little Ceasar's website and also might try out their crazy bread aka bread sticks. Might order their regular crazy bread sticks or the Italian seasoned ones

XandertheWise

Kidfried

It's a good day. I had some rest after weeks dedicated to moving house. Today I took some time off, it's a local holiday as well which I engaged in by seeing some live music.

I just prepared a curry, which I'll enjoy watching The Sopranos, before doing some gaming on the Switch. It's been a while since playing on my Switch too. Going to play Botany Manor for the first time, so I hope it's good. Gaming wise I'm killing time a bit until the release of TTYD!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic