Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,257 of 2,257

FishyS

@Diogmites There is flying? o.o Apparently I missed something. I mean ... there is the one airplane level. But the only power-up I ever saw was super ball. Are we talking about the same game or are you talking about 2? 🤔

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Diogmites

@FishyS I’m taking about 2 yeah, i haven’t played the first one yet. Sorry lol..
Edit- Excuse- it’s late and i don’t have my glasses on and am playing Eschatos, an intense shmup , so i am a bit distracted!

Edited on by Diogmites

Diogmites

FishyS

@Diogmites Mario Land 2 was short but 1 is less than an hour. 😅 So I played it an hour ago in one sitting. Fun but extremely easy.

FishyS

Diogmites

@FishyS That’s short! I am currently engaged with Eschatos, and should be asleep but for its addicting gameplay. I’ll attempt to blast through Super Mario Land soon enough, perhaps tomorrow, if i find time. My congratulations still stands!

Edited on by Diogmites

Diogmites

Diogmites

@FishyS Played it for a bit. Mario is a behemoth and those explody koopas are cute!

Diogmites

Fizza

Glad to see Mario Land 1 finally arrive so that people will stop asking where the hell it is under every NSO update XD

In all seriousness though, this lineup's pretty alright all things considered. I like the 'early Game Boy launch window' theming all three games have going on and, regardless of their overall quality, I've always wanted to see how games like Mario Land 1 and Alleyway fared so this is perfect for the gaming historian in me.

putting For Whom The Frog Bell Tolls in the Japanese lineup is immensely cruel though XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Diogmites

@FishyS Played some more SML 1 over lunch and i’m on 4-1. It hands out a lot of lives. Which is good because i think i’ve died 6 times or so. I find it not so easy lol and it will probably take me over an hour total, though not sure. Is this Daisy’s 1st appearance? I liked the shooty sub part.. that’s about it.
I don’t like riding the boulders and they keep making me do it lol

Diogmites

MarioVillager92

@Diogmites Yep, Daisy made her debut in this game.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

FishyS

@Diogmites The funny thing about the boulders is you feel like you should have to move around a lot to balance on them but if you just press no buttons at all you stay on them. 😆 They're basically just moving platforms. The game is definitely a little jank in certain ways.

Sorry you aren't having as much fun, but there are only 4 worlds so you are almost done. Plus you get another shooting part.

Also.. how can you not like super balls! This game debuted those also; one of the best power-ups.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Diogmites

@FishyS Did not know there were only four worlds! Thought i was halfway through as i think of classic Mario as having 8. Thanks for that.
I’ve played other Mario’s and platformers, so i know about not moving on them. I’ve always disliked that mechanic. What are the super balls? Are they the fire flowers? I just got home and wasn’t going to play again until lunch tomorrow but might as well finish it off now. I hope i have enough lives.

Diogmites

FishyS

@Diogmites Yeah, that's not a fire flower, it's a super ball flower. Fire balls don't bounce all over the place crazily like superballs do. You can do neat angled bounce shots. They're in Mario Maker 2 also.

Last boss is a little tricky. Good luck!

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Diogmites

@FishyS Okay yeah, i have them right now. They are cool! I lose fire flowers fairly quickly after i get them as i tend to barrel through the game. I am on 4-2 and i am happy that 4-1 had no boulders and a nice music track and i’m pretty sure i saw ninjas. Edit- i have been informed they were kyonshii or pyonpii.Hopping zombies! it’s a small screen.. i’m blind lol

Edited on by Diogmites

Diogmites

Diogmites

@FishyS Thanks! I beat the last boss. Wasn’t bad as i play a lot of shmups. I did die twice, though the first was because i set the system down to do something after defeating the cloud xD
Not a terrible game. Just needs less boulders. Thanks for the help and encouragement!

Edited on by Diogmites

Diogmites

Tigerrr

Hey all, a couple questions about N64 games on NSO:

1) On 1080 Snowboarding and Wave Race 64 does anyone know any info about why many of the maps are missing? 1080 only has 3 out of 8 maps playable and Wave Race 64 only 2 out of 9 maps, with the rest shown as blacked out/unavailable. I was really looking forward to playing these favorites 2P with the girlfriend but the limited map selections are getting a bit old.

2) I have played Mario Party 3 several times with 2 players and it's been fun. After finishing a game I went to the millennium star to choose another board, but now it is stuck in an infinite loop showing which boards are recommended and pressing A does not actually take you to select a board. Restarting, trying different/new save files, and uninstalling/reinstalling N64 has not allowed this to play again. Any thoughts?

Tigerrr

MarioVillager92

@Tigerrr I'll start with your issue with Mario Party 3. That's weird, the game should let you pick a board and start a game... if it helps, you'd pick Battle Royal (that's the blue star in the Party Mode menu) to start games. From there, it should let you pick any board and play on it. Try that, and see if it'll let you... let us know what happens.

As for Wave Race 64, I think you'll have to play through the championship mode to unlock more courses. I've never played 1080 Snowboarding, but I'd imagine it's a similar deal in that game too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

FishyS

I was just playing Super Mario Bros lost levels on NSO nes app.

Anyone remember when Nintendo said 'Remember: no one likes a troll' when smm2 came out??

My personal Top (bottom) trolls in Lost levels:

1. The 9,000 mile jump springs combined with wind, creating 'blind fall, the level'. These aren't even that hard, just inherently stupid. Almost up there with the Wonder invisibility badge (scratch that, nothing is as trolly as the invisibility badge).

2. Pick a path combined with reverse warp pipes. There are so many weird loop levels you have to explore to escape. Warp pipes which take you to previous worlds are evil but slightly humourous if you are actively searching for warps. But pipes in world 8 which take you to back several worlds?? When you are just trying to exit the level???

3. Kaizo/hidden blocks everywhere. The death mushrooms are fun, the hidden blocks less so. I admit, placing a hidden block right in the way of jumping over a hammer bro is sort of funny. Making that hidden block spit out a death shroom also is kind of overkill but still funny. But doing the same exact thing multiple times in one level? c'mon.

Not a troll, but I landed in water off one of the jank springs and somehow jumped out again onto dry land... which is definitely not supposed to happen. I tried to repeat it later, but it must have been some weird pixel perfect glitch I accidentally performed.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic