Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 16,061 to 16,080 of 16,109

Ralizah

@Magician Because they've done almost nothing with it in terms of big releases. This home console generation still feels like it was stapled on to the last.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Magician

@Ralizah I feel it's a byproduct of the industry leaning hard on remakes, remasters, and ports. Usually those are reserved for the end of a console's lifecycle. Where as PS5 began with crossovers and a Demon Souls remake. If the fanbase were polled, I wonder which game would be considered the defining game of the generation?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,256 games (as of May 29th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

@Magician Probably Marvel's Spider-Man 2 but still even if the game looks really good, it is not that far from the first one in terms of graphics.

Even Arkham Knight looks as good if not better than some of the latest releases

Edited on by Zuljaras

Magician

Played through Remnant: From the Ashes over the past week. A game better experienced with friends rather than alone. But now I'm ready for the next PS5 game. With that...I think I need a release date for V Rising.

Love me my vampires.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The upcoming PS5 games that I really want to play. šŸ˜ƒ

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter Had to check out a video of Pool party after seeing that cover art! Actually looks like a fun party game. Gameplay reminds me a little of some of the events in the Buzz Junior games on PS2.

Edit: Looks like it's coming to Switch as well.

Edited on by dmcc0

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
Too bad, the Switch version of Pool Party will be Code in Box (again) while the PS5 version will be full game in disc according to play-asia. šŸ˜•
That's why I posted the PS5 cover version.

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I'm not too bothered by a physical version as I'm heading more towards digital recently. It's nice to see the game collection on a shelf, but I just don't have the space for them anymore and digital is more convenient for me (and easier to buy without my wife nagging me about buying another game šŸ˜‚ ) - I'd probably get something like this digitally anyway.

I've only ever bought 2 code in a box games, and both times they were bought from an online store and were cheaper than the digital versions. I kind of understand the code-in-a-box thing for stores, but it seems like such a waste for an online retailer - I wish they had the option of just opening the box and emailing me the code to save shipping an otherwise empty box šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

dmcc0

Magician

I see that Sifu will be a PS Essential game for March. I would argue that it is the best kung fu game released...ever. Please, for the love of God, at least click "add to library". Make Sony cut a check to publisher Microids and developer Sloclap.

Amazing game, don't skip. If you like martial arts movies, you owe it to yourself to play this game.

Edited on by Magician

RR529

Started up FFVII Rebirth over the weekend, and am starting to have a lot of fun with it now that it's started to open up (I've been exploring the Grasslands).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

I was convinced by my friends to join them in Helldivers II.

Magician

Looking at the leaked specs of the PS5 Pro, same CPU with an improved GPU, I think I can skip it.

Here's to the PS6 in 2028...or whenever.

OctolingKing13

Hi! So Iā€™m saving up for a ps5 and Iā€™m pretty close, what are some good co-op games?

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Magician

@OctolingKing13 Local co-op or online co-op?

OctolingKing13

@Magician uh local co-op šŸ™‚

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Magician

@OctolingKing13

Very Very Valet (party)
Streets of Rage 4 (beat'em up)
Cuphead (run'n'gun)
Children of Morta (action/rpg roguelite)
Pode (puzzle/platformer)

...are some solid couch co-op stuffs I enjoyed.

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody playing rise of the ronin? I had to punt it for Dragon's Dogma 2 but wanted to know personal impressions. I looked at a few let's plays so I do plan on getting it but to be honest I am still working through GOT (the dlc) and Nioh 2 so I'm trying to decide if I should finish those first or not.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic